There are several ways to create a New Time Card in Denovo. You can create a Time Card from Admin > Your Time, from Matters > Matter > Associated Time, or from People > Person > Associated Time.
When creating a Time Card from Your Time, a completely blank Time Card will generate.
Creating a Time Card from a Matter Record will automatically populate the Matter Details on the Time Card. Creating a Time Card from a Person Record will automatically populate the Payee Details on the Time Card.
You can gain time efficiency by creating Time Card records from the Person or Matter. However, it is still possible to create Time Cards from Your Time if desired:
- Navigate to Admin > Your Time.
- Click on the New Time Card Button. A New Time Card will generate at the top of your list of Time Cards.
- Set the Date for the Time Card if the Time Card record is for a previous date. Clicking on the Date will populate a quick select calendar.
- Begin by Searching for either the Payee or Matter for the Time Card. If you start with searching for and selecting a Payee, only Matters associated with that Payee will display in the Matter Details Field.
-If you start by searching and selecting a Matter, only People associated with that Matter will display as selection options in the Payee field.
- Select the Attorney from the list. Only Users assigned as Attorney User Roles in your Denovo system will display as selection options.
- Review the Rate. The Time Card Rate automatically populates to your User Rate. If you are creating a Time Card for someone else, you will need to manually adjust the rate. To adjust the Rate, click in the Rate box, and type in the changes needed.
- Add the Time. Type in the Time in hours. In the example above, 2 hours are set. You also can enable the time and begin accruing Time toward the Time Card in real time, if desired.
- Enter the Time Card Note in the Notes field. This is the description of the Time Card, and will Export for future Invoicing with the other Time Card record elements.
- Click Save. The Time Card, and appropriate Amount, will Save.
- To Edit the Time Card, click the Edit (Pencil) Icon. To Pin the Time Card to the Time Widget, click the Pin (Arrow Up) Icon. To Duplicate the Time Card, click the Copy (Papers) Icon. This will duplicate all fields except the Time field, which will be blank. To Delete the Time Card, click the Delete (X) Icon.